From:
"ALAN COCHRANE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 07 May 96 15:40:38 PST
     I agree that we do not want to have all of the sales types out there
     posting "products" to the Technet.  However, I think that everytime a
     supplier(laminate,chemical or other) answer questions with responses
     that their products solve is this not a sell?

     I think that the recent posting on Cadence/Allegro and AutoCad
     conversions has the potential to solve a problem that we are seeing
     with RF designs that are all done in AutoCad(DXF).  It would have
     taken me a great deal of time(potentially) to find out this
     information in the "trade" magazines.  I can't help but think that the
     members that reacted so aggresively to this posting must feel
     competition or wish they had thought of it first.

     It may be advantagous to all of us if the IPC were to start a Net
     specifically focused toward new product releases that apply to our
     industry.  That may help to minimize the amount of unwanted mail that
     we all recieve and allow us to search it out on an as needed basis.

     Thank You for your time

     Alan Cochrane
     Multek