From:
"John Guy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 15:36:13 +0000
Hi Gary,

	I'm sorry to say that I only agree with you to a point.  The whole
idea of this forum is to discuss problems and possible solutions.  If
I see a problem I have show up on the forum and it gets no responces,
I may assume that there is no direct solution.  I would however draw
the line at the listing of prices and the like.  Take that part of
the discussion off line.  There is a line between helping and selling
that all service and material suppliers need to be careful of.

	I would also like to say that it is very clear that there are a lot
of use who don't want to see this forum turn into one sales pitch
after an other.  It is up to all of use to let those who want to sell
on the forum know that we don't like it!

I call your four cents and raise you two more.

> Hear,hear, Bob.
> I agree that this forum is not the place for
> unsolicited advertising. I also agree that
> when someone asks about a product, any and
> all should respond. However, I think the
> person responding should do so ONLY to the
> requestor.
>
> I see your two cents and raise you two.
> Gary Bauder

Sincerely,