From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 07 May 1996 12:26:32 -0700
George Franck X2648 N408 wrote:
> I am willing to boycott any supplier who posts UNSOLICITED ads to the net.
> How about you?  Do others share my negitive bias towards ads here?

I would have thought this issue had already been discussed, but I see nothing
wrong with an ANNOUNCEMENT posted in an APPROPRIATE forum. As a designer, I
WANT to know what is available to make my life easier, and I would rather
read a short description than get sales calls from reps and resellers.

What is more disturbing is when duplicate posts are sent to EVERY forum.
His product would probably appeal to Cadence users and maybe the Designer's
Council, send it there and ONLY there! (I got about six copies of that one)

(p.s. you realize you gave him another "free ad" by quoting, right?)

just my opinion, announcements are ok...			Jack