Date:
Mon, 03 Jun 96 15:22:43 EST
     Have also looked at AGFA film vs. ALI-7 and agree with other
     respondents regarding edge acuity.
     In regard to stability, no film manufacturer to my knowledge has
     developed a polyester base that has superior stability compared to
     their competitors. Kodak had reduced the amount of gelatin in the
     emulsion formula but the I'm not sure we saw a marked improvement in
     stability. The best way to ensure stability is to carefully control
     the film storage, (raw and imaged), image generation and image
     transfer areas to each other. Film manufacturers cite 70 degrees F and
     50% Rh as optimum. If you're running at 74 degrees and 45% there
     should be no problem as long as you acclimate the raw film to those
     conditions AND your other imaging and storage areas are also running
     at or about those conditions.
     Scratch resistance is a nice feature. The ALI-7 and Agfa products both
     exhibit this characteristic. "Scratch resistance" is the key. Don't
     confuse it with "scratchproof". No conventional silver halide film is.
     To reduce scratch related defects nothing can beat "good housekeeping"
     and proper handling practices.
     Hope this information helps.

     KJ