COMPLIANCENET Archives

1996

ComplianceNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Edward Reiskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
05 Mar 97 13:03:13 EST

I am working on a project to develop a tool for the PWB industry to
evaluate potential liability.  The purpose is to allow manufacturers of
PWBs to measure the difference in potential liability among different
process options; e.g., how much liability would decrease by switching
from an electroless copper process to a graphite-based dispersion
process.  Such information (if it could be quantified) would allow PWB
manufacturers to make better decisions regarding their operations.

I am trying to get a handle on what the potential liabilities facing a
PWB shop are.  Superfund?  RCRA fines?  State fines?  Litigation damages
from personal injury or property damage suits? etc.  I would greatly
appreciate any info or insight anyone might have on (1) what liability
issues are pertinent for PWB manufacturers, and (2) what data might be
available to assess the magnitudes of these liabilities.

Thanks.

Ed Reiskin
Tellus Institute
11 Arlington St.