COMPLIANCENET Archives

1996

ComplianceNet@IPC.ORG

From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:10:59 -0500 (CDT)
John below are a number of emails on fungus that graced TechNet some time
back.
Regards

David W. Bergman, Technical Director
IPC
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, IL  60062-6135
847-509-9700 x340 Phone
847-509-9798 Fax
email  [log in to unmask]
www  http://www.ipc.org
faxback support 800-646-0089

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 07:56:01 -0500 (EST)
From: John Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
To: dhoppe <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fungal contamination

It's quite common to see growths in developer rinses which are mildly
alkaline and contain organics or in finishing rinses like CU-56 but I've
not seen it in acid plating rinses.  The best approach I've seen is to add
a strong hypochlorite bleach to the tank once a month to kill the
bacteria and then rinse thoroughly and refill.

While cruising the Internet, be sure to visit
our home page at  http://www.automata.com