Condense Mail Headers

Date:
6 Mar 96 16:19:01 -0600
From:
From [log in to unmask] Mon Mar 11 17:
28:35 1996

Hi Matthew,

Be very careful using edge card connectors or similar (they need to be
gold-plated contacts), especially if you are testing to Class III conditions
(85C/85% RH).  Leakage across the connector can be a problem.  You should
definitely make the appropriate electrical measurements before changing
connection schemes.

By the way, you should remove the flux after soldering the wires onto the coupon
so that it does not contaminate your samples.  We use WW rosin and clean using a
plastic scrubber (it looks similar to steel wool) and IPA.  This should be done
immediately after soldering.  Be careful not to let the IPA run onto the coupon
(orient the coupon vertically with the connedtion side down).  Also, it's a good
idea to use Teflon coated wired.

If you have any questions, drop me a line.

Regards, Sande Petty-Weeks, Motorola, [log in to unmask]