From:
"Usergroup" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 95 13:19:55

Tom;

     There are several systems out in the market that vary widely in the bells
and whistles you want. Prices also vary just as widely ($5k - $70K) depending on
what you want out of a system. Motorola recommends using a hot air system that
is top-heat only. We have found that systems with localized bottom heating also,
warp boards.

     The key is to have a top heating system, but preheat the entire board to
avoid board warpage. This top heating system should have a high wattage heater
in order to work at low temperatures with a low velocity air flow, to prevent
blowing away neighboring components. And, IMHO, it should be simple to use.

Please feel free to eMail me if you want specific information on Metcal's
solution to this issue.

     Tom Lee
     Applications Solutions Group
     Metcal, Inc.