From:
[log in to unmask] (Al Slagle)
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 95 07:52:41 MST

Bob,

I understand your answer about the very edge of the pcb copper being exposed.

But, if my drawings correctly indicate that the pcb shall be plated and the
fab shop delivers pcbs whos contour is routed as the last process with no
plating at the very edge, is this simply an oversight by the fab shop. Do they
typically go back at the very end and re-plate so that the exposed edges are
plated?

Fab shops panelize pcbs for mass production purposes, then route out each pcb.
My drawings call for plating.

Where does the descrepency lie?

Must my drawings specifically indicate that the edges be plated?

Thanks,