From:
[log in to unmask] (Al Slagle)
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 95 14:26:50 MST
I would call it Catch-22 but it's Halloween.

Are companies doing their best to bring along young designers, and teach them
what they need to know?

You can't get a designers job without design experience. You can't get a CAD
designers job unless you have specific experience on that CAD system. The
question is, how do you get the experience?

I can tell you for sure you can,t get it by taking a test!

As us Baby-Boomer designers age, are we going to be replaced with experienced
young designers? or simply replaced with cad operators who know computers,
but lack the experience in pcb design? It won't be too long into the future
when we'll find out.

I hope IPC does more than just test the existing designers. They need to plan
a method for bringing new designers into our field.