Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 14:37:09 -0400
To Cb5757:

When I was working in production and wanted to add a technology
or a product, I relied heavily on the suppliers of the products.

To convert to SMOBC, the best people to get involved from the
ground up are the people who are going to sell you the products.

I would contact Hot Air Leveler suppliers to give me their input
as to what equipment I needed for the types of product I wanted
to produce.

I would contact solder mask suppliers to recommend what type of
mask and all support chemistries necessary.  Again this info
would be based on the type of product you intended to produce.

The suppliers and their technical representatives are the best to
help you because they have a vested interest in making certain
your process succeeds.

It is also importnt that you involve the HASL people, Solder mask
people and cleanliness testing people from the beginning to
coordinate your effort.

I think this would be your best bet, rather than a consultant.

Of course, being a test lab, we would be happy to run the tests
necessary to insure that your process does work satisfactorily.

Good luck,

Susan Mansilla
Robisan Lab