From:
"BWOOLDRI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 95 13:26:21 CST
There should be a lot of the same information in these two
documents.  The J/STD-001 is the engineering requirements
document while the A-610 is the minimum acceptable criteria for
those requirements shown pictorially.  Take a look at the A-610
foreword on page vi.  This defines the documents relationship to
each other.

If you are standardizing your assembly design or processing
standards use the J/STD-001.  If you are standardizing your
assembly workmanship acceptability standards, ie. is it
acceptable or nonconforming product at some inspection point, use
the A-610.

Hope this is helpful.

Bruce Wooldridge
DSC Communications Inc.