From:
[log in to unmask] (Leo Reynolds )
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 07:59:34 -0700
Technet

Our engineers are reviewing and updating process specs for our wave
solder and cleaning operations.  We are a contract manufacturer doing
primarily industrial and instrumentation products in a very wide variety
of shapes, sizes and mix of SMT, PTH and some FPT as well as a great
variety of mechanical parts including toroids, brackets, connectors etc.
Volumes also vary greatly from prototype quantities to continous
production.  Our main area of focus is our dual wave soldering area with
aqueous cleaning.

We are primarily interested in developing the best process controls for
measuring, recording and controling both wave solder and especially
cleaning documentation that will satisfy us, ISO and our customers.

Our main question is, "With the variety we deal with, how often would we
need to do Omegameter testing to feel assured our process is in control?"

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Best Regards,

Leo Reynolds