From:
"TOM HYBISKE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 13:38:35
Kevin Thorson asked a question regarding the removal of non-
functional pads.  Below is the response I received from Gary Ferrari
(Chairperson of the IPC Printed Circuit Board Committee) when I asked
the same question recently.  What I found was that most board
fabricators prefer the removal of non-functional pads.  If you look
at the wording of both specs, they create a loophole of sorts by
using words such as "should be included" and "may be included".  We
now have a note on our fab drawings making the removal of non-
functional pads an option for our fabricators.

Tom Hybiske
General Atronics Corp.