From:
Christopher Rhodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 10:15:27 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 10:17:09 EST
From: Arvandi, Arshia <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ipc-d-319

Hello,

        My name is Arshia Arvandi and I am a mechanical engineer at TTC and
currently we are in the process of designing a power supply that has a
transformer which weighs 2.16 oz. and we are  using 7 leads with divided out
gives .308 oz p/lead.

According to the IPC-D-319 standard, section 3.6.5, it states that, "all parts
weighing .25 ounces or more per lead should be supported by specified means,
which will help insure that their soldered joints and leads are not relied upon
for mechanical strength."

No where, that i have been able to find, does it give the size of the lead
(these transformers have pretty big leads) in relation to the weight.

I would be very grateful if i could either get the answer to this question or be
referred so someone who may be able to help me solve this mystery.

Thank you,

Arshia Arvandi