From:
[log in to unmask] (Mitch Austin)
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 95 08:51:49 CDT
Hello,
We recently discovered a susceptability to static in a new product we are
developing.  Static seemed to create changes in logic states in a micro-
controller.  There did not appear to be any ESD damage to the circuits.  The
correct logic states were restorable by powering the unit off and having it
execute its normal start up routine.
I was wondering if there is a standard test that would help us to discover
these types of problems.  We have corrected this by adding circuits to limit
the amount of static that can hit the micro-controller, but I would like to
test our solution.
Thanks for your help
- Mitch Austin