From:
"Richard Ackerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 95 12:53:33 EDT
We are trying to determine the amount of cleaning necessary, if necessary,
prior to conformal coating with HumiSeal 1A20.

We currently use water soluable flux in our wave soldering machine. We clean
with water, no additivites, in a Trieber SMT type machine. Additional
components may be added, after cleaning, using a no clean flux core solder. A
residue is left on the boards with this type flux.

The question are:

	1. Should secondary cleaning be accomplished prior to conformal
	coating?

	2. What should be used for the second cleaning? This is asked with
	regards to using materials without CFC and/or requiring special
	equipment?

        3. How clean is clean for adhesion ot the conformal coating material,
	HumiSeal 1A20 or 1A27.

Any input regarding the above questions will be appriciated.

Richard E. Ackerson
Sr. Industrial Engineer
Elsag Bailey Process Automation
Phone 216-585-7646