From:
"Jim Marsico" <"marsico%Organization=Industrial & Mfg'g Engineering%Telephone=516-595-5879"@a1.allin1.ALLIN1.umc>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 95 11:40:01 -0400
We, along with everyone else, have to eliminate the use of TMS for rosin flux
removal.  We are in the process of switching over to water soluble flux for all
machine, hand, and SMT soldering.  A Westek in-line cleaner has been purchased,
although not on line yet (completely closed loop with zero discharge).  It was
realized that the need still existed to remove organic material from PWB
assemblies (finger oils, acrylic conformal coating, occasional rosin flux,
etc.) so we also purchased an S&K system which uses an IPA/cyclohexane blend.

This decision was based on many months of evaluating alternative methods of
removing rosin flux.  If anyone would like to discuss this further, please call
me at 516-595-5879.

Jim Marsico
AIL Systems, Inc.
Deer Park, Long Island