From:
"Crawford, John A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 95 12:59:00 EST

 ----------
From: Crawford, John A.
To: TechNet-request
Subject: Re: Windows, Windows and more Windows
Date:  5 Sep 95 1:40PM

Following from the EMPF HelpLine in Indianapolis:  WIN'95 and other computer
operating systems are a big topic at present, and commanding lots of
attention. I'd like to suggest some alternative info sources so we don't
muddle up the TechNet with computer h/w and s/w issues, which can be
emotional and opiniated.

Microsoft publishes an electronic newsletter that you can subscribe to
(free, YES FREE, EVEN FROM MICROSOFT). This is a news service only for
Windows '95 stuff. Send e-mail to [log in to unmask] and leave the
subject line blank, but in the body put the words SUBSCRIBE WINNEWS and you
will get a confirmation back and periodic info.

There is at least one Windows forum that we know of, and several of our
folks here subscribe to. It is a Windows for Workgroups 3.11 forum that
operates essentially the same as this TechNet does, in that you post a
question to a list server, it is sent to all registered addresses for that
particular list, and then others can reply with comments, suggestions, or
answers. You subscribe by sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask] and
again, leave the subject line blank but in the body put the words SUBSCRIBE
WFW-L and again, you will receive a msg back that tells how to post
questions, etc. and also, how to log off when you see the volume of msgs
that fly here.

If you have any additional questions about this forum give me a call and
I'll put you in touch with the engineers here that are presently subscribed
to these lists.

Now back to electronics manufacturing questions on the TechNet. . .