From:
[log in to unmask] (Peter Swanson)
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 12:12:38 GMT
We have been asked about masking of heat sensitive components during IR reflow.
Some of our customers have components (plastic) which are right on the edge
when it comes to heat resistance, and they want to mask them from heat damage.

We are playing with an aluminium/glasscloth adhesive tape to do this, but any
other suggestions most welcome.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
Peter Swanson                                         Oxfordshire, England
[log in to unmask]                         Compuserve: 100120,3641

"What a strange chaos is this wide atmosphere we breath! Every atom, impressed
with good and with ill, retains at once the motion which philosophers and sages
have imparted to it, mixed and combined in ten thousand ways with all that is
worthless and base. The air itself is one vast library, on whose pages are for
ever written all that man has ever said or woman whispered." Charles Babbage