From:
[log in to unmask] (Neil Sellars)
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 95 08:13:59 BST
Does anyone have any experiences or commemts on converting DIL components to a  surface mounting which they can share with me?  Our current in house workmanship standards donot allow butt joint  solder joints. I have noted that in IPC SM   780  it talks about forming these parts to a SOIC leadform shape. I would       appreciate any information on footprint/ landpad design, leadform profiles and  solder joint reliability that anybody can send to me.
Regards
Neil Sellars
Principal Engineer
Radstone Technology PLC