Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 95 17:59:03 PST

     We are having trouble soldering organic protective coated bare copper
     boards. The difficulty is occurring with manual iron soldering in the
     post wave/wash shop.
     The boards soldered fine in SMT, and then they were washed. They then
     sat several weeks awaiting finalization of engineering changes and
     receipt of the EC parts. Now we are having extreme difficulty getting
     the solder to wet to the copper in the postmount shop.
     Does anyone have suggestions to overcome this problem? Would it be
     feasible to recoat the bare copper when it's determined the boards
     cannot be completed immediately? Does anyone have a suggested time
     limit in which to complete soldering after the wash? Does anyone know
     of aggressive flux cored solder wire which can promote wetting and
     still meet Bellcore specifications?
     Any advice would be appreciated.

     Allen Ahlert