Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 95 11:13:11 dst
In the August issues of Elect. Pack & Prod. there is mention (pg 28)
of a new surface solderability test method in development.  The actual
details of the test are not given but it sounds like an interesting
approach:

     Essentially, the test involves screen printing 8 paste dots onto
a solderable PWB test area.  the dots have identical mass but their
spacing varies from 450 to 150 microns. After reflow, perfect
solderability would be indicated by an absence of any gaps and the
number of "gaps" shown would score less than perfect cases.  The test
was apparently originally developed for Phillips Center for Technology
and is currently being evaluated with submission to IEC estimated
around 4th Qtr '95.

My question is does anyone have any contact numbers for British
Standards Institute (Len Pillenger) or John Burke of Forward Circuits
(the two individuals named in the article as currently working on this
test method.)  I would assume both are located in Europe.

thanks for the help.

Jim Maguire
Boeing Defense & Space Group