From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 10:33:07 -0500 (CDT)
Keith:

>   a) How can I find the latest additions and sizes to the RLP series.

The IPC Surface Mount Land Patterns Subcommittee is developing an
amendment to IPC-SM-782A (August 1993). The amendment is currently under
review by the committee chair. We have not set a publishing date.

>   b) Where can I obtain information and sizes of footprints that are
>      not yet coded as RLP numbers.

Land patterns for components developed following the release of
IPC-SM-782A may be calculated using the forumulas found on pages 10-14 of
IPC-SM-782A. These formulas take into account the width of the part (lead
termination to lead termination), the minimum amount of lead length, the
overall component length, the target heel fillet, and tolerances for
fabrication and assembly equipment.

Section 3.3.3.4 describes how users can tailor the IPC RLP to their own
libraries. In lieu of an updated standard, you might want to follow this
method.

>   c) Is there a forum for this type of detailed design discussion.

For now, [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] may be used for
design questions/discussion.

Mike Buetow
IPC Technical Staff
7380 N. Lincoln Avenue