From:
[log in to unmask] (Mitch Austin)
Date:
Wed, 3 May 95 10:46:15 CDT

We use a silicone encapsulant (gel) to help protect our circuit.  This is a 2
part system, that we cure at room temperature.  We are considering a change to
this process, where we would cure at an elevated temperature.  This will reduce
the amount of work in process and reduce floor space requirements as well as
some other benefits.  Is anyone else heat curing these types of materials?
What sort of testing was done to qualify this process?  Does anyone know of
other discussion groups which may find this an interesting question? Thanks,