From:
"Thorson, Kevin J @EAG" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 95 16:02:00 CST

Hello,

I am working on a design that is using BGA's and I would like to model the
vibration reliability.  One reference I found to vibration is "Designing
Electronics for High Vibration and Shock" by Howard W. Markstein from the
April 1987 issue of Electronic Packaging and Production.  In this article I
believe Mr. Markstein references Dave S. Steinberg's work that defines a
component parameter "c".

There are values for DIPs, LeadlessCCs and various PGAs in the range of 1.0
for DIP to 2.25 for LeadlessCC.

Has anyone developed any reliability testing for BGA's?

Thank You in advance?

Kevin Thorson
Unisys Corporation
(612) 456-2639