DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Mitch S. Morey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 11:26:20 -0800
This might be one of the reasons the Certification is confusing. Why does the
IPC seem to "fluff" questions on their tests?  There is too much added (by the
IPC itself) to these questions.  Why not make it as plain and simple as the
spec itself?

As IPC-D-275 says (C) "are ALWAYS BASIC" and (D) "they have NO TOLERANCE". See,
nice, simple, easy to understand, BASIC.

>102. Which statements are true about the characteristic of a grid
>system?

>     A.   They are bilateral in nature.
>     B.   They are unilateral in nature.
>     C.   They are basic in their position.
>     D.   Their intersecting locations have no tolerances.
>     E.   They are located with respect to board datums.
>     F.   They describe diameter of true position.

>     Select the three most correct answers

Someone please pass this onto the IPC board. This is the one reason I will
resist taking the Certication tests.

Mitch Morey
Sr. PCB Designer
TRW, Inc.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Phone: (310)814-5765
Fax:   (310)812-4949
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

                              ((o o))

     PCB layout is like fine art. You have to DIE to be famous!
                             (_)   (_)