DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ken Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 10:44:29 -0800

I've noticed that there is no spec for a different land pattern for
bottom side, wave soldered soic's in my IPC-SM-782A spec.  Is my spec
out of date, or have requirements changed such that I can use the top
side, IR reflow geometry for a wave solder operation?  What about the
theiving pads etc. etc. that we've installed in the past?  Are they
still necessary?

If information is missing in my spec, what equation should I use to
generate a geometry that is not covered specifically by the '782A spec?

Thanks in advance.
Ken Barrett