TECHNET Archives

August 2020

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 2020 19:44:43 -0400
From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
i thought hi-pot test is check for electrical safety of insulation
material under certain voltage.  Does it matter if it is class 2 or class
3?  please let me know if I am wrong.  Did I miss something?  is design
margin got something different for different class?  if it is, what is the
justification from the design stand to allow such a deviation?  for high
voltage, the insulation only as good as the weakest point (thickness
variation for example), what could be the design differantiation that
allowed in class 2 but not class 3?  thx in advance.
https://www.arisafety.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/WebinarSlides-Hipot-Testing-101-2018.pdf
jk