TECHNET Archives

June 2020

From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:56:49 -0400
here is my silly take for strictly covid-19 cleaning - since the
covid-19 is a double layer lipid structure virus, you can (1) use
soap - assume same you used for electronic cleaning, like
surfactant.  (2) virus will disintegrate its double layer structure
above 56 C - you can use what ever to heat up to above 60 C to get
rid of it (water soluble flux cleaner with a dryer will do just
nicely for assembly or mats if it can withstand the temperature). (3)
IPA - 70% or 75% should be able to clean it - assume allow to
completely dry prior to use.  (4) UV (inefficient due to shadowing)
or plasma that both kill it  using short wavelength light and heat -
if you really want kill it for sure, add down stream h2o2.  etc.
etc.  what ever the method you select, as long as you breach its
double layer lipid structure, you win (provide you do not deposit on
the clean surface again).
just a silly thought.  - (by the way, wash my hands so frequently, my
skin peeled off... no fun).
jk