TECHNET Archives

January 2020

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 13:35:29 -0500
From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Victor,

If you need to use alkaline etchant for making inner layers, tin plating is
useful.   Modern photoresists  are sensitive to alkaline solutions.  If you
have buried vias in the cores that require copper pattern electroplated via
holes, then alkaline etching and hence tin plating is useful.

You can use photoresist only for cupric chloride etching of double sided
copper cores without holes, or if you panel plate the two entire copper
surfaces including any buried via holes, then you can "tent and etch" the
pattern you want, and etch with cupric or other acid etchants.

Hope this helps.

Denny Fritz

--
Denny Fritz