TECHNET Archives

August 2019

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:50:21 -0600
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. These will be connectors, I don't know what
manufacturer is so I can't dig into a datasheet to learn what PCB sort of
spec's will be required. I'm doing a budgetary quote for some boards that
haven't been designed yet. The customer is asking for some very rough labor
numbers based on a general description of the PCBA like: 150 single-sided
SMT components, 5 through hole connectors, 4 press fit connectors, 6-layer,
5" X 8",  .031" thick PCB. When I saw the press-fit and .031" thick PCB is
what got my attention. I've never pressed any connectors into a board that
wasn't at least .062" thick...

Steve