TECHNET Archives

June 2019

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:12:39 -0400
From:
"lduso - Diamond-MT.com" <[log in to unmask]>
A void that does *not* expose a conductor is a process indicator.
A void that does expose a conductor is a defect.

Areas that are to be coated/not coated is tricky for some to properly
define.
If a customer says that everything that is not called out to be
coating-free is an area that *must* be coated than they can say a void or a
no-coat spot out on the flat-unencumbered is a defect. Which it is not and
will only have you spending excessive time fixing. That slippery slope will
also lead to calling coating free edges a defect, or the underside of a
raised component, etc.
The more sensible way is to say all *conductive* surfaces shall be coated.

Lloyd Duso
General Manager
Diamond-MT
(814) 535-3505