TECHNET Archives

March 2019

From:
Jeffrey Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2019 22:51:01 +0000
You may wish to also check oscillators (VCXO, OCXO, OSC, etc) as I know based on past experience that baking them over 85C can cause them to age and go off frequency.  This may be more of any issue with low PPM parts, but something to watch out for.  We've had to lower our bake out of built assemblies due to them and a few other parts down to a max of 85C.  The assembliers don't like it because it take more time, but it beats replacing an expensive part.

Best,

-Jeffrey Jenkins