TECHNET Archives

March 2019

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:40:24 -0400
one cautionary note: MIL usually use high voltage parts >5V on the
connector.  if you are start using commercial  low voltage 1.3 - 1.5
V, you might have problem  even with ultra thin coating.  IMHO.
jk
On Mar 27, 2019, at 12:58 PM, Douglas Pauls wrote:

> [...]
>> knew anything about pin setting machines. Having never been any
>> closer to
>> one other than when I  tossed a ball down the lane, I said NO, but he
>> insisted that I should come take a look. After arriving and going
>> back to
>> the mechanical end of a bowling lane, I was introduced to a
>> chassis with
>> about 5 or 6 boards in them and all edge connectors to a backplane
>> like
>> housing. There were 16 lanes in the building and all but 1 were
>> running.
>> The other 15 were in various states of not running and they were
>> worrying
>> that opening night wouldn’t happen in less than a week. After
>> pulling one
>> of the boards out to inspect it, I asked for a pencil eraser. I
>> proceeded
>> to clean the gold contacts on that board and the other in the same
>> chassis.
>> Flipping the switch on, the lane came to life and my buddy ran to the
>> office and brought back about 10 rubber erasers. We proceeded to
>> clean
>> every board contact set and within about 40 minutes, had all but
>> one lane
>> running just fine. The last one had a bad board in it, which I
>> believe was
>> due to the same contact issue, but caused a board to fail, but after
>> dropping in a replacement board, that lane was running also. So,
>> although
>> it was not a conformal coating issue, (It was due to shipping the
>> machines
>> by ship from Japan to the US and all that salt water…) a clean
>> contact is a
>> happy contact. ☺  My friend was happy and the manager was happy
>> too and
>> opening night went off without a hitch. Oh, and yes, the boss said
>> after I
>> flipped on the last lane, You want a job? ☺ Yep, I took it…
>>
>> Sorry for the long story, but anyone that knows me will tell you,
>> Yep,
>> that’s Scott!  :-]  Take Care.
>>
>> Scott Decker | Senior Engineer, PCB Design Services CID+ | Electronic
>> Systems Center
>> COLLINS AEROSPACE
>> 3445 S. 5th Street, Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85040 U.S.A.
>> Tel: 602 308 5957  FAX: 602 243 2347
>> http://www.collinsaerospace.com<http://www.collinsaerospace.com>
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or
>> privileged information of
>> Collins Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are
>> not the
>> intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy,
>> distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the
>> sender by
>> return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all
>> attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly

>>> u=http-3A__www.Diamond-2Dmt.c
>>> om&d=DwIBaQ&c=ilBQI1lupc9Y65XwNblLtw&r=lTRDjB8ojaf7ZaJ9DHeDAm7e-
>>> HFP9fx
>>> Ikv6fRnV49HE&m=2M4OaB4ZydsNl8KqosE2Ed2Z7q_InK7_syHsUUGoWTA&s=0Ew7l-A
>>> ku