TECHNET Archives

March 2019

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:50:55 -0400
puncture can and seal with epoxy is really a bad idea.  Did you
contact MFG to work with their engineer?  Recall use commercial parts
at up rate temp region - option (1) build up special box control temp
that ensure device work within the temp range - that means not work
at extreme temp.  (2) MFG usually got few locations for device
manufacture, there are bined device very close to the temp range that
screen out at burn in level - you pay more to specify in contract
only that location with bin X device should be used (make sure your
project MGR understand why she/he pay more and documented in design.
so no confusion... you might need pay special qualification cost -
not cheap)... you might have to get a special run with minimum qty to
meet your needs (including future repair and overhaul).  IMHO.
best of luck.
jk