TECHNET Archives

February 2019

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:09:50 -0600
We use encroached vias on the top side, and exposed vias on the bottom side
for ICT probes.
Our via-to-pad was set for the same clearance as other copper clearances on
this design, 7 mils
since the mask is 2mil oversize radius, it only leaves 3 mil mask, which is
less than the supplier requested 5.9 mil

I have been using the same rules for a long time, and 7mils isn't exactly
pushing it for copper clearance,
but I would be interested to know what others are using for via-to-via and
via-to-pad clearance
(if the vias are soldermask exposed)

thanks for replying,
Jack