TECHNET Archives

February 2019

From:
"Decker, Scott Collins" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Decker, Scott Collins
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2019 16:16:58 +0000
Jack,

  It wouldn't matter where or what the slivers are around, the board shop would be concerned it would float off and land in a bad place. Just for grins, can you let your Soldermask encroach on your vias like we do? On our vias, we let the mask come up on the pads and have a .006" over the finished drill size opening in the mask. This ensures we don't get mask in the holes, but you don't have to worry about slivers around the vias.  (If the vias are THAT close, you got other issues too. :-) ) Anyway, hope that helps.

Later...

Scott Decker | Senior Engineer, PCB Design Services CID+ | Electronic Systems Center

COLLINS AEROSPACE

3445 S. 5th Street, Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85040 U.S.A.

Tel: 602 308 5957  FAX: 602 243 2347

[log in to unmask]  www.collinsaerospace.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of

Collins Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy,

distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all

attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.