TECHNET Archives

December 2018

From:
Chris Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:02:27 -0500
Greetings TechNet community,

We're having trouble with a custom cap supplier (first-time
transaction), which can (not-necessarily) remain nameless.

If I can tap into the collective TN hive-mind:

Has anyone had a good experience with a cap manufacturer that can supply
custom high energy caps with these type of specs:
Qty (2) Pulse Capacitors
40 kV
12.5 uF
for
20,000 (20 k) Joules Max (pulse)

Similar application:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_wire_method

Very low duty cycle (1 or so shots per random day).

Because of the above manufacturer issues, we are also interested in
close, and not-so-close, temporary substitutes to perform some basic
system functionality tests.

I'm happy to receive responses off-line, or on TN if you feel others
would benefit.

Regards,

Chris