TECHNET Archives

November 2018

From:
"Decker, Scott UTAS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Decker, Scott UTAS
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:36:00 +0000
Hi Doug!

   Welcome to the new and improved "Big Aerospace" company... :-)  Just a slight off topic note, but I think your old e-mail domain will work for at least a year or so, our Goodrich did and I think still does and that was like 5 years ago, but you are right to mention it changing just in case. Also, our "old" domain for our e-mails is still good although they had us change it just to be safe too... (see sig below)

   OK, back to your question. I wasn't aware that T-50 didn't have the term in it, but I think that came from the old Mil-D-275? Design document or it may have been another, I don't remember for sure, but I was pretty sure it was from the military side of the design specs. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I've been wrong before too so it should be easy... :-)  Anyway, I have always felt the term meant the company/entity that designed the board/schematic and created all of the design requirements. For me, it's the company name on the drawing since they "should" have full knowledge of the design, etc. Don't know if that is exactly what you were looking for, but, well, I've been known to supply totally useless information before and I'm sure I'll do it again. :-/  Oh, and I would think you could subscribe as a new person with the new address and then unsubscribe with the old domain? Just a thought? (I have them now and then.)

Later...

BTW, I'm a HAM radio guy and you would be surprised at the number of guys I've mentioned this Collins thing to and they are like, can you get parts or information for my radio now!?  Sorry... Not in the cards... :-/

Scott Decker | Senior Engineer, PCB Design Services CID+ | Electronic Systems Center

COLLINS AEROSPACE

3445 S. 5th Street, Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85040 U.S.A.

Tel: 602 308 5957  FAX: 602 243 2347

[log in to unmask]  www.collinsaerospace.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of

Collins Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy,

distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all

attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.