TECHNET Archives

October 2018

From:
Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2018 13:07:41 -0700
The usual alternative to silicone adhesive is acrylic adhesive. I tried
eliminating silicone adhesives years ago when I was running a plating
operation. The experiment failed dismally:

-There was no evidence the silicone ever caused a problem with de-wetting
or other issues silicone OILS cause--so I did this based on principal as
opposed to practicality!
-Silicone adhesive for tapes stick best to other silicone, so after you
peel, there is usually no residue at all
-Acrylic adhesives drop little globs of acrylic all over the place. The
worst offender is the half-sticky stuff such as "Post-It" notes.

Wayne Thayer