TECHNET Archives

October 2018

From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2018 15:47:16 -0400
I went through the same effort years ago without too much success
(for high temp usage up to 220 C).  I end up use my only real kapton
tape that I saved long time ago instead.  from what I heard is the
market does not favour high price "real kapton" tape, since silicone
adhesive appear to be working for most of applications (not used for
gold contact masking, or optical window masking - that require no
residue at all - detect by FTIR).  You might want to look at
semiconductor industry high temp clean room usage tapes... they might
have some solutions (if you can convince your high up to pay the
price - usually 3-5X more than usual).  IMHO.  Best luck in your
hunting.
jk