TECHNET Archives

October 2018

From:
Peter Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2018 14:21:40 +0000
Just a generic comment – if you do not require the higher thermal resistance of the silicone adhesive, then you may not require the higher thermal resistance of the polyimide (Kapton) film either. Both the silicone adhesive and the polyimide film are more expensive options for a masking tape, but the combination works great for temporary solder and other high temperature process masking, or high temperature insulation. A polyester film masking tape with a non-silicone adhesive may work for what you want to do, at less cost, if the process temperature is more benign.

Peter

[ntertronics logo]<https://www.intertronics.co.uk/>

[ead our latest news]<https://www.intertronics.co.uk/blog/> [onnect to us on Linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/intertronics>  [ollow us on Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#!/intertronics>  [atch us on YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/user/intertronicsadhere>

[etter bonding from INTERTRONICS]<http://www.intertronics.co.uk/>

Peter Swanson

Managing Director

INTERTRONICS

Oxfordshire, England

t +44 1865 842842

e [log in to unmask]

www.intertronics.co.uk<https://www.intertronics.co.uk/>

INTERTRONICS is the trading name of Cygnet Electronics Ltd, registered in England No 1835617

Registered office: 17 Station Field Industrial Estate, KIDLINGTON, Oxfordshire, OX5 1JD, ENGLAND

INTERTRONICS is certified to ISO 9001:2015

[lick to find out more about this product]<http://www.intertronics.co.uk/email/?utm_source=emailsig>

On 03/10/2018, 15:08, "TechNet on behalf of Vargas, Stephen M" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Good morning all:

          We are looking to move away from silicone based adhesives with our Kapton tape to a non-silicone based version. It appears as though 3M has a 7419 Series that may be a good option. I'm looking for input from those of you who have switched and would like some recommendation on what has worked well for you. Off-line responses welcome. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steve Vargas

    If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

    John Wooden

    Polaris Contract Mfg Inc

    15 Barnabas Rd

    Marion, MA 02738