TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2018 09:55:49 -0500
Hi Wayne - we are on the same page. Whether the cabinet is one of the
industry specials or just a sealed desiccated unit, the key parameter is to
keep the boards dry and not further degrade the solderability. IPC-1601 is
a great reference for folks to use to understand the concerns and can be
the base for setting  up a workable system.  There is now discussions on
the potential of having a "board MSL" similar to the component MSL system -
lots of things to work out, testing to be done and data to be sorted but
perhaps in the future we'll have a more uniform characterized/classified
system to describe boards and moisture.

Dave

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Wayne Showers <[log in to unmask]