TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 20:40:57 -0400
Wayne,
I believe that Dave Hillman has rightly said that vacuum can be counterproductive if there is enough water (and not enough heat) that pulling water out by vacuum lowers the temperature of the water/vapor interface enough that the water freezes lowering the removal rate substantially. Note my use of a few weasel words.

Bev