TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 19:11:30 -0400
Wayne,

 Thanks but I had zero luck searching through the archives, probably pilot error.

 But I looked into IPC1601 and it did say "Air Flow is Critical". I wonder how that jives in a vacuum? I also saw some references to the need for air flow to heat by convention, that makes sense.

Backout at 125C can degrade finishes so I would like to dry out PCBs in a dry box. I have seen info from McDry showing rates of moisture removal. Seems the times are about 10 - 30 hours at 30C. This data is for ICs, I am curious what might apply to PCBs. I would much rather dry at 30C for a long period of time than 125C. I am wondering if anyone knows of any data.

Thanks,
Bob K.