TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
Nigel Burtt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nigel Burtt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2018 06:26:06 -0500
Yes - my favourite US author.

So many quotes both funny and wise from his writing:

"A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved"

"Those who believe in tele-kinetics, raise my hand"

"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."

"The America I love still exists at the front desks of our public libraries.”

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country" (all too true...)