TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:00:36 -0400
  look like i just "solder" dated myself.  By the way, high temp
assembly usually is LTCC (multi-layer if electrical), glass (if
optical) with solder that gold based... those actually relatively
mechanical strong.  Even that, I wouldn't use it for mechanical
support at full strength value -  50% at end of life using actual
high temp strength calculation will let me sleep well at night
without worry any midnight calls.  I have to admit, I do not like
living on the edge, margin or redundancy are key on my book (although
many times working on something called  "bleeding edge"... brave need
to be smart... I admit I am very much on the stupid side).  IMHO.
jk