TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:42:29 -0500
Hello Technetters,

Since now anybody and everybody can be sued in Cali if you don't put a label of some kind on your products, We've been labeling just about everything. I'm sure you all are doing the same, and maybe have been for some time.

From what I understand, the label has to state the bad stuff that the product contains - lead, chromium, BPA etc.

I've been told that even an RoHS compliant product should be labeled for lead as there is enough lead in the copper used to make the board that it will need the label. Any thoughts on this? I'm aware that there can be lead internal to the components in the assembly and still be RoHS compliant, which would require a label, but without researching every component, there is no way to determine this. If the copper in the PCB does contain lead, I don't need to check the components.

Thanks all,
Blair