TECHNET Archives

September 2018

From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:07:18 -0400
according  to my book (old), you should NOT count  on solder as
mechanical  support of ANY kind.  solder is intended to  provide
electrical connect, use solder, especially high temp  solder (assume
you are going to use it at elevated temp for service, or assembly
sequence - such as multiple reflows... it is difficult to count  on
microstructure to be the same as you initially put down).
as for FEM purpose, I would use 50% book  value that tell you  - if
i  were you...
my 1.5 cents.
jk